Fabricator and Welders
Taziker is a large construction and civil engineering organisation and we are looking for multiple Steelworkers to work on installing industrial steel work across a variety of projects and sites in and around Edinburgh and Glasgow. These projects will include working on old structures and partial refurbishment works. A drivers licence is essential for this role and willingness to work across Scotland (on occassion nationwide).
Knowledge and Experience
- Fully conversant and highly skilled in the safe use of Rivet busters, Magnetic base drills, Grinders and Torque Wrenches.
- Able to undertake detailed templates of existing steelwork enabling workshop fabrication.
- Ability to read/ interpret and act upon engineering drawings accordingly.
- Ability to produce survey information to supervisor in relation to materials/dimensions/ fixings etc.
- If required by Supervisor or Engineering manager be able to provide accurate bolt/tooling and steel list and Sketches in relation to proposed repairs.
- Needs to be fully aware of all manual handling regulations and lifting equipment.
- Driving Licence
- Skilled and Experienced in Steelwork/fabrication/welding
- More than 3 years relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Recognised NVQ Level 3 apprenticeship in fabrication and welding or relevant engineering qualifications are also an advantage.
If you want to grow your career and enhance your skills, Taziker will support you and provide you the opportunities to excel. Work with Taziker on unique and interesting projects around the UK, including rollercoasters and famous landmarks, and work alongside our award-winning teams to challenge yourself and make a difference.
Taziker maintain an outstanding work culture and allow you to thrive in a safe environment. Exceptional Health and Safety settings are expected at Taziker and can be shown with a H&S record with a zero-accident frequency rate and annual medical checks for our workers. With our RoSPA Gold Awards for H&S excellence, BCSA Gold Award for sustainability, as well as Mental Health First Aiders across the country, we represent a safe working environment for our people.
We pride ourselves on presenting opportunities to all and our percentage of women in construction is higher than the national average. We work closely with the community, organising charity and sponsorship events through our internal Charity Committee, and working closely with local schools and colleges to pave the way for future generations. To furthermore encourage this, our employees have access to a unique benefit where they can utilise 3 days paid leave to take part in volunteering activities each year.
Taziker has an equal opportunities policy and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please email your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application.