Prime Responsibility / Role Summary
To support in fulfilling the engineering requirements, support the engineering team with various duties such as, setting out duties and quality control of permanent and temporary engineering works on one or more simultaneous projects as directed by the Contractors Engineering Manager, Contractors Responsible Engineer or Temporary Works Co-Ordinator, in accordance with a valid, executed contract, per company policies, procedures and work instructions.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Graduate Engineer is accountable for, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide Health and safety leadership to the site delivery team and promote behavioral safety improvements
- Ensure that the site team rigorously adhere to Network Rail’s Life Saving Rules and reporting requirements
- Compliance with all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and NR Standards
- Ensure the policies and procedures of the Rail Management System are fully discharged
- Support the programme through the project life cycle and ensure any changes are identified and communicated to Contractors Engineering Manager or Temporary Works Co-Ordinator
- Support the project risk management process and ensure effective controls are established to ensure the safe and timely delivery of the project
- Support project opportunities where identified to realise, maintain and improve the commercial project performance
- Promote and maintain effective client/stakeholder relationships to protect and enhance the company's reputation at site level
- Uphold the core company values, inspire and encourage the same throughout the team
- Support where required mandatory reporting of KPI's, Close Calls, accidents and incidents are carried out as per Taziker Industrial and Network Rail procedures
The Graduate Engineer is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Ensure you follow the requirements of the company Integrated Management System
- Compliance with all relevant Taziker Industrial Procedures and forms which are applicable to the Quality Management Systems and your area of responsibility on a project by project bases
- Proactively engaging the Close Call reporting system, reporting anything that you see which is likely to endanger either your own safety or others’ health and safety
- Support where required accident, incident investigations
- Taking care of your own health and safety, and others who might be affected by your actions
- Identify any risks and management controls which may affect the project and ensure they recorded in the period Internal progress reports
- Liaison with statutory undertakers, stakeholders and clients where required on the project
- Where delegated on the project to deliver Health & Safety, Quality Assurance and Environmental compliance as per the RACI matrix
- Support all project documentation for the compliance with the Engineering Management System is produced and approved as per programme and contract requirements
- Support the Implementation of the project as per the agreed contract programme and maintain detailed As Built programme ensuring reasons for variation are demonstrably and accurately recorded
- Identify any proposals for improving environmental sustainably, safety and quality performance with regards to construction methodology
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training to fulfil
Safety Specific Responsibilities
The company is committed to protecting the health of all employees, the public and visitors to any company site. As such all employees are personally responsible for compliance with all company Health and Safety procedures and policies and undertake training as required for their post.
Generally, office based, but may need to be site based at times to suit the project, must be prepared to travel, work some weekends and be away from home at times to suit location of sites.
Approach to others
The post holder is always required to treat others in the organisation with respect and with due regard for equal opportunities.
Please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.